develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2007

The "flaming X-wing" secret operator

From:
Philippe Bruhat
Date:
November 28, 2007 12:47
Subject:
The "flaming X-wing" secret operator
Message ID:
20071128161618.GA16111@plop.home.bruhat.net
Hi,

Just thought I should share this with the FWP crowd.

I had to do something special with the first line of a file, before
running the whole while(<>) loop on it. I ended up with this:

    @data{@fields} =<>=~ $re;

Rafael helped me give this new operator a name (#perlfr transcript):

    15:13 <@BooK> OMG c'est quoi =<>=~ comme secret op ?
    15:14 <@rgs> le x-wing touché avec une aile en feu

Rough translation:

    15:13 <@BooK> OMG what is =<>=~ for a secret op ?
    15:14 <@rgs> the hit x-wing starfighter with a wing on fire

Cog, are you still writing this OGSOP book? ;-)

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 No matter how many times you explain the big problem, some people see only
 their small problem.
                   (Moral to the Sage story, in Groo The Wanderer #93 (Epic))