develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from January 2005

A succesfull 64-bit build of Perl-DBI-DBD:Oracle on IBM AIX 5.2

From:
Bjorn.Naessens
Date:
January 7, 2005 06:48
Subject:
A succesfull 64-bit build of Perl-DBI-DBD:Oracle on IBM AIX 5.2
Message ID:
E2D46872D48E224998CD1EAE52A83656690E2E@rmgexch01.rmg.be
Hi,

I finally succeeded in installing a 64bit build of Perl and its modules
for Oracle 64-bit. We were running in 32bit but integrating Proc and
cobols in our perl scripts only worked when we changed environments to
64bit causing problems for the oracle connections in perl. It's nothing
special, no editing of makefiles ... I can't believe I lost so much time
on this one ;) ( Now that I look back to my problems, they were probably
caused by using a wrong perl build for compiling the modules, Aix has
its default perl now under /bin.. stupid me )

perl 5.8.6 64bit
----------------
./Configure -de -Dcc=gcc -Duse64bitall
make
make test
make install

DBI 1.46
--------
!!Make sure you are using the newly installed perl!!
 check with perl -v it should show :
 This is perl, v5.8.6 built for aix-64all
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

DBD-Oracle 1.16
---------------
!!Use correct perl like above mentioned!!
export ORACLE_HOME=<path to oraclehome>
export LIBPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib

perl Makefile.PL
make
make test ( some test may still fail, I had 85% success on tests )
make install

Test
----

test with :
 use DBI;
 $dbh=DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:<SID>","system","manager")|| die
$DBI::errstr;
 $stmt=$dbh->prepare("select * from tab");
 $rc=$stmt->execute()  || die $DBI::errstr;
 while (my($record)=$stmt->fetchrow())
 {
  print $record;
 }