develooper Front page | perl.dbd.pg | Postings from February 2008

Re: Installing DBD::Pg on Strawberry Perl

From:
Mark Dootson
Date:
February 14, 2008 11:09
Re: Installing DBD::Pg on Strawberry Perl
Message ID:
47B491C9.3040604@znix.com
F.Y.I.

I tried a strawberry build with success using following steps:

One file change only needed to make in DBD::Pg source is:

Makefile.PL -
add 'use DBI::DBD;'.
comment out "unlink $output->{MAKEFILE};" at line 247

set required environment:

set PATH=C:\PROGRA~1\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin;%PATH%
set DBI_DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=testdb
set DBI_USER=username
set DBI_PASS=password
set POSTGRES_HOME=C:/PROGRA~1/PostgreSQL/8.3
set POSTGRES_INCLUDE=C:/PROGRA~1/PostgreSQL/8.3/include
set POSTGRES_LIB=C:/PROGRA~1/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib

perl Makefile.PL

Now here's the ugly bit: edited both EXTRALIBS and LDLOADLIBS in the resulting Makefile to include
C:\PROGRA~1\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib\libpq.lib

then

dmake
dmake test

all works fine.

I'm sure there are some simple params or alterations to Makefile.PL possible to avoid the ugly edit - but the knowledge is lacking behind this keyboard. That aside it works.

I shall have a look at making Makefile.PL MinGW and VC6 friendly as I could do with learning how to fix these lib issues for myself. I'll post a patch if no-one else has resolved it by the time I've learned what to do.

Regards

Mark