develooper Front page | perl.cpan.testers.discuss | Postings from January 2013

Ignore lists for a specific PAUSE id + tester

From:
Karen Etheridge
Date:
January 27, 2013 18:03
Subject:
Ignore lists for a specific PAUSE id + tester
Message ID:
20130127173604.GA31200@tequila.etheridge.ca

I have seen some mention of ignore lists - are these for specific
combinations of authors + testers?  How do I update this list?

I have been receiving a series of failure reports, for more than one
distribution, where only the configure_requires dependencies have been
installed but none of the runtime or testing requirements have been.  These
reports are nothing but spam, as obviously a distribution is going to fail
if its prerequisites have not been properly installed first.

Past efforts to engage with this author have not proved fruitful.
I cannot easily filter this email out, as the tester's identity is not
included in the email itself, only the web form of the report.  Therefore
I feel that adding an entry to an ignore list is my only recourse.

If there is any information available as to how this list works, and how it
may be updated by authors, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks in advance,

Karen Etheridge, ether@cpan.org