develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2012

Re: Transitioning from BASH to Perl

From:
Deepak Malhotra
Date:
March 16, 2012 14:13
Re: Transitioning from BASH to Perl
Message ID:
CAAQ5pZeEDXHAqDNSUYkjqGPggxN_w-UW8QczpHz95n-=stkAiQ@mail.gmail.com
Hi Folks,

You might have got similar questions in past too but could I request to
demystify it again on how to swiftly and quickly make transition to Perl
from Bash. Although I am no expert of Bash and awk but I can do the stuff
which suffice my needs.

What I am really looking for is the text processing  (grep , awk, tr),
conditional statements and control structures, to automate my work and
create scripts (Garbage-in Garbage-out types)

Please guide on how to learn minimal perl quickly. Any tutorials/books
which deals with this kind of approach?

Regards
Deepak